28.10.10

Win

I had the chance to meet Arcade Fire, even Win Butler, back in 2005 at Austin City Limits Festival. I remember I had to choose between seeing Jason Mraz on the big stage or to see a new up-and-coming band Arcade Fire. I had scored an in with my good ‘ole friends Aqualung (and of course Jon Darling of The Grey Race), who had provided me with a “band” wrist band which gave me an all access pass backstage. Yes, even the VIP lounge where Chris Martin of Coldplay and Gwyneth Paltrow hung out. I had been talking to the drummer of Kaiser Chief when he recommended seeing a new great band out of Canada by the name of Arcade Fire. I remember thinking “who the heck are they?” I hopped onto a golf cart and headed to their stage. They - at least 15 of them – were huddled behind the stage. I wasn’t excited yet. I still didn’t know what to expect. When I saw Chris Martin with Gwyneth backstage getting hyped,

...I knew I was in for a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment